create your own visited country map or write about it on the open travel guide

Tuesday, June 01, 2004

How the mighty have fallen...

They came in here with their noses up in the air and a whale sized attitude. They marched in here equipped with tons of gyan and little opportunity to test their knowledge. They breezed into a set-up that lavished praise on them and treated them like gods.

Little did they know what lay in store for them!

A while ago, when confronted by creatures of their kind, I chose to ignore or just pass them by. Of course I burned with jealousy about the unfairness of a system that graded people on the ability to learn by rote and not discover the thrills of learning from experience.

But now, each time I see one of them, my heart swells with pride. I've cut my teeth on the toughest testing ground and I know that I can easily compare with the best of them.

Why then do I lack the sense to try and do it?

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home